Saturday, November 19, 2016

More Dollar Doll Clothes!



Playing with my Dollar Doll Clothes patterns inspired me, so last week I went on a quest for new dollar undies to work with.  At K-mart I hit the jackpot--2 packages of 6 briefs each, some in cute prints (AND x-large size) on clearance for $4.99 each!  That's $.83 a pair.


I am delighted to think that I can make two or even three items from each pair!  And I paid for the whole project with my (about to expire) $10.00 in-store points, making my dolly wardrobe virtually free. You can check this post for general instructions for the project..

 Felicity's long striped skirt above is cut from the center of the undies' back panel.  I used the 'leggings' pattern for the waist size, and cut the center back seam to flare as wide as the fabric allowed.  My finished length is 9.5", so I cut the skirt 10" long to allow for a 1/2" hem.  I hemmed the piece, then stitched the back seam last.


I used the 'leggings' pattern to make the cute black ones above, and used the 'socks' pattern with leftover bits from the black fabric's waistline to keep her feet warm.

Let me tell you about the two t-shirts--I used my favorite 'Trendy T-shirt' pattern, downloaded from Liberty Jane, and fabric from the undies.The pattern is fun and simple to make. I got my copy from their free Friday downloads.  Check them out!

A tip--these particular briefs have attractive covered elastic bands:  cute on the doll clothes, but a little less stretchy than the classic elastic finish.  I compensated by cutting the pattern pieces slightly narrower at the waist.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!