Monday, August 27, 2012

Miniatures Monday--Dollhouse Furniture, Part 6--the Bench


The tiny girls are proud to show off the results of their up-cycling efforts.  One last post post about my dollar store dollhouse furniture bash, and it's time to move on--now for The Bench.
 

My Dollar Tree dollhouse bed is pretty cute, I must admit--it's just too short for the dolls to rest comfortably. Time to bash!

I pulled off the bedspread, then popped off the head board and foot board, and cut the bed lengthwise into two pieces with my Xacto blade and a metal ruler--one piece (the new seat) is about 1-7/8" wide, the other (the new backrest) about 1-1/4" wide.


The foot board is cut into two equal pieces to make the sides and arms of the bench.  Save the headboard for another project!


Glue the seat and back together at an angle--hot glue works great for this.  Glue on the sides/arms.  With a little paint you're set!  Hmmm--looks like maybe a bit of sanding with an emery board could be a good plan!

It's been a long project, but the girls are almost ready to move into their new home at last.  

1 comment:

  1. It's so beautiful apartment for doll and I think it can be great present to our kids.

    Anna@ white furniture

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!