Monday, January 2, 2012

Avocado Joy!



My sister's family came from California to this cold place over the holidays, bringing
good cheer--a box of avocados from their tree. . .

. . .and oranges, pomegranates, lemons, almonds, and persimmons! What bounty! I'm thinking of making some pomegranate jelly, and freezing cubes of lemon juice for later. I have to admit I have never personally met a persimmon before, and I pureed and froze a couple for smoothies later.

But the avocados! What luxury! I'll eat them on toast, make guacamole, put them in salads and sandwiches, eat them with a spoon. . .

I'm just remembering--years ago I worked at a juice bar where we made an avocado smoothie with orange juice and protein powder with just a little cinnamon--now I'm thinking avocado, orange juice, and yogurt. Yum!

If it comes right down to it and they get ahead of me, I understand avocado pulp freezes quite well. Might just give it a try!

Thanks, Bill!!



1 comment:

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!