Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thrift Thursday--Vintage Kitchen Chair!


As I have stated before, I am a sucker for cute thrift store chairs and small tables, and when I found this one several years ago now, I knew it was mine, all mine.

I think from the style it must be from about the 1930's or 40's--what do you think? And just look at that old red oilcloth seat cover! The scroll work on the flared back! The bentwood details! The small-scale proportion just right for shorter people! I love you, chair!

The finish has worn over the years until it almost looks purposely antiqued, and the seat and scroll work are plywood. Couldn't say what the hardwood is, but it's fairly heavy. It's long since retired from the kitchen, and is living out its golden years on light duty as a desk chair.

It makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. Great buy and a super duper chair....love it. I am 71 and it looks familiar to me.

    Hugs,
    Genie@buttonsforbaga

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!