I've selected some of my odd blocks and arranged them together, and they seemed pretty random--until I added the white border. Interestingly enough, the border seemed to confine them all and fuse them together. Who knew? It's definitely cute, and I think I really like it!
Next I think a second, pieced border to help the blocks relate to each other--I have pulled out some prints from my stash that seem to go with the prints of the blocks:
Since the border pieces were scraps, I cut and stitched the 3" squares individually rather than strip piecing them. When I laid them out in rows, some of the pieces I had chosen didn't make the grade--the big floral print, at least, is out! Strange, since it's in the quilt--it's just too big a print with the others. I'll fine tune.
Now to finish stitching the border together and add it to the quilt top.
I can see I won't have the quilt finished for the fund-raiser--but I'm having another idea for it! Stay tuned. . .