Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thrift Thursday--Ceramic Squash and Cantalope Teapots!


As I have said, I LOVE ceramic kitchenware!

My first, and most beloved, thrift store theme is my ceramic fruits and vegetables collection. It all started years ago with a beautiful thrift store pear teapot (I paid $2.99--gasp!), and has grown into a kitchen theme that makes me very happy.
The depth of color, shine, and tactile nature of ceramic is so very appealing, and the contrasting shapes and sizes of all the fruits and vegetable only add to the appeal.

I actually don't usually add teapots to the mix, but these two were irresistible! Although I don't make a good find every week, or even every month, I found both of these on one thrift store outing this month. The little cantaloupe is 5" high, and the squash combo is 7" high, and I paid $1.00 and $1.50 for them. There may be more confession about my obsession later--just let my say the the collection has recently topped 100!

I have just the spot for these two.


1 comment:

  1. Is it just me, or is this photo strangely Disney-esque?

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!