Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thrift Store Yarn Projects, #1--Baby Sweater!


I like to watch out for good-quality yarn on thrift store outings--I especially look for lighter-weight yarn for smaller projects, and over time I've assembled a limited selection of wool and vintage yarns. Of course, natural fibers are to be preferred, but on one outing last fall I found I could not resist this wonderful turquoise acrylic!

It has a soft and fluffy hand, and judging from the label I'd say it's from the 60's or 70's. There were four unused skeins mixed into a big bag of other yarns--some of the others are of nice quality, too. More projects! I figure this part of the yarn bonanza cost about $1.50.

I decided to make a spring sweater for Jellybean's birthday--please let me say that I am not a great knitter, but I learned a couple of new skills to make it all come together. It does pain me to have to buy notions for a thrift store or recycle project--it's just not right! In this case I didn't have buttons in the box that would work, so I ended up paying $1.00 for a card of pink buttons. I love the corsage's pink edges--they just match the buttons. Cute!

I'm on a roll with thrift store yarn projects--I'll be posting more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!