Monday, March 29, 2010

Miniatures Monday--Box of Chocolates


This teeny little box of chocolates is part of a miniature scene I made some time ago in honor of my grandma Genevieve. Grandma loved chocolates, especially the high-quality ones!

The scene is in a glass-sided box and holds many other tiny items which I made to represent Grandma--I'll post it sometime, but as you can probably tell I will need to be working on my photography techniques until then!

The chocolate box measures 3/4" x 1", and is made from a bit of a Christmas card that's red on one side and silver on the other. I cut the parts out with my Exacto and glued them together with craft glue. The tiny chocolates are made of Fimo, and some are touched up with paint or wrapped in gold foil from candy. They all rest in little cups punched out from a full-size brown pleated chocolate box liner. I used the flat end of a a skewer to press the middle of each paper punch, forming a cup, then glued everything into the box.

There's a tiny square of tissue paper to make the top liner, and the decoration for the top of the box is a bit of vintage ribbon with three tiny bits of a vintage flower spray--all from my box of Grandma's odds and ends. They look good enough to eat. Low calorie, too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is so cute. It must have taken a long time to get all the little details just so. I enjoy your blog, don't think I have commented before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Life is like a tiny box of chocolates..." Sorry, couldn't resist! Love your Miniature Monday series!! We love tiny things at our house. My sister collects random tiny objects and puts them into small clear spice jars for my daughter. We call them "Jars of Tiny Things" and they are oddly captivating.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!