Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Even More Leftovers--Lunch from the Pantry

In addition to our 'new' and unique Asian Sauce, we had about 1 1/2 cups of glazed carrots left after dinner on Sunday evening. For Tuesday's lunch, these became a lovely, smooth, and creamy Curried Carrot Soup.

I sauteed some chopped onion and simmered it with a couple of diced russet potatoes in some chicken base (I have a collection of restaurant soup bases concentrates that I use all the time), and added the carrots toward the end of cooking. When all was tender, I pureed it smooth in batches in the blender and reheated it all. I seemed a little thin and loose, but it thickened up perfectly with the addition of a handful of potato pearls--smooth and velvety. Salt, pepper, and a little curry powder seemed to be just the thing. Some cream would have truly been divine, but it's not on hand right now.

Delicious lunches for the next day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!