Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Onion Label Market Totes!


I'm all about re-using materials in sewing, and I was inspired a while back by the great graphics on my annual autumn bag of onions--how to utilize the bright, eye-catching, and durable label?

I started checking out onion bag graphics and collecting bags wherever possible! The labels can be delightful. With a little time, and a few incarnations, my idea has fully emerged from the back of my mind-an Onion Bag Market Tote! And I have to say it's fabulous. I've even opened my own Etsy shop and put a few up for sale!

I'm just finishing a couple more in denim--I'll try to post them soon. Back to the sewing machine!

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I use my chicken feed bags for totes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you just sew a fabric edging on it? any kind of tips or tutorial would be helpful. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!