Friday, August 6, 2010

Little Quilt for Panda, Part 1


Joy-joy now tells me her special stuffed animal friend, Panda, needs a small quilt of his own. (It seems he sleeps on a pillow at the foot of her bed and can get rather cold.)

She would like him to have a quilt that matches her own star quilt, so I've made four six-inch Nine Patch Star blocks in those same fabric scraps. As we discussed the layout of the blocks, Joy-joy and I agreed that there is a fundamental design problem--the two blocks with pink simply can not be side by side, and they can't be diagonal either.

I can see that I won't be happy with this project unless I trade the borders of the two bottom blocks. Shoot. Guess I'll be picking out the stitching.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's cute because there are not repeat fabrics so I don't see the clash in pinks that you are seeing. But your Joy-joy and you are the best judges of that! Good luck with the finish. I can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!