Saturday, October 10, 2009

Something-from-Nothing Doll Dress


Felicity, my $1.00 yard sale doll, wears her new something-from-nothing dress. It's made from pieces in my 'doll clothes' fabric stash, where I tuck away bits that seem to lend themselves to dolls. The satin underdress and tulle are from my daughter's wedding dress, and the tiny bit of silver net and piece of sparkly tulle have been in the stash for years. I'm forced to admit I had to spend $1.50 for the silver trim, as nothing I had seemed to work. The pattern is from 'Sew the Storybook Wardrobe for 18" Dolls', by Joan Hinds, which I checked out from the public library--one of my favorite places!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is terrific!

    Here is the url for the blog from the archives of the Sandusky Library, if you would like to take a look:

    http://sanduskyhistory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing that you found Felicity for $1. I've made some pretty good yardsale finds at times, but that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felicity for $1!!????? I dream of such a find!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!