Friday, October 30, 2009

CAUTION--Halloween bag

A quick project for a prize at the family Halloween party, using ideas from Jodi Kahn's amazing book, 'Simply Sublime Bags'. Check out her unique and creative no-sew plans for charming bags, using plastic, duct tape, staples, placemats and even carpet.

I backed the sections of caution tape with overlapped strips of duct tape, trimmed the piece to size, and stapled the seams and box corners, binding the seams with duct tape. The edge is trimmed with black ribbon from my mom's ribbon and trim stash. The single handle is scrounged webbing from an old backpack. A free project!
Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. It's FABULOUS!! Can't wait to see it in "real life!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, I just linked over from Caroline's site. So glad to find you. The bag is so cute and I just spent a good long while getting inspired by your other projects. I have to keep telling myself to wait. No more projects until after we move. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!