Tuesday, September 8, 2009

When my mother died a year ago, I inherited-among other dear things-her wonderful collection of trims and ribbon for sewing: parts of her projects both finished and unfinished. The colorful, shiny, and elegant piles date back over many years. Among the treasure trove, I find small pieces dating back to her own mother and her handiwork. I sort through the bounty to find just the thing to accent my own ideas and project plans, things I give to my own daughters and grandchildren, and feel strong hands that join with mine.

3 comments:

  1. Nice intro. I'm so excited for your blog. Hope we can do some projects together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your website in my social networks! trendy bikinis and swimwear online


    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!