Monday, April 16, 2012

Miniatures Monday--Hippo Princess

Yet another Backyardigan couture creation! Tasha the hippo has come back to my house to be transformed--this time from hippo mermaid to hippo princess.

Joy-Joy and Tasha came to visit, and together we carried out Tasha the Backyardigan's dream--to become a hippo princess. J-J and I went through the doll scraps, and came up with a plan for her fabulous dress: pink satin from an old bridesmaid's dress, and an over-skirt from a scrap of white sheer that has a pattern of flocked, fuzzy hearts. I sewed while Joy went through the bead stash and created a new tiara, complete with fancy dangling drop bead. The dress is adapted from the previous pattern I made for Tasha's mermaid costume.

Tasha is looking and feeling fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing project. That little girl is going to have some amazing memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly was big fun, I must admit!

      Delete

I love feedback. Leave me a comment!